Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Slipper Family


Yesterday was a day of sewing.  I got out my old Singer but it was acting up.  The bobbin thread was getting all tangled up and since I have no idea how to fix that.... so I put the machine away and got my newer one out.  I'm an excellent problem solver...


At the end of my sewing spree I had a family full of slippers!  And since I've been in such a creative mood, I decided to name them.


This little pair in front is named Stewart.  Stewart is the first child of the Slipper family.  Amazingly, he was born before his father, the stuffy looking pair in the back there.  The Slipper family defies the natural process of reproduction.... 


Standing just in front of her dad is Valentina.  She's a simple pair but being the youngest in the family, she tends to get a lot of attention.  Right now, she's trying to decide how to do her hair... Maybe some flowers in the back? 


Oh, Valentina has short brown hair... see?  Flowers? Buttons? Headband ribbon?  Ahh the choices.


And here is Sybil, the little chillens' madre.  Sybil is old.  And I mean old.  Like two weeks old.  Considering that the rest of the family was born yesterday, this is quite a feat.  This also means that she has the most haphazard stitching and construction.  My beginner skills improve oodles with every pair I make.  So sorry you were first Sybil...  


And the father of this charming little Slipper family is Boris.  Boris is tough.  And stoic.  (It took me 3 minutes to think of the word stoic.)  And shorter than Sybil.  I always thought that was a funny combination: when the husband is shorter than the wife.  Probably because my personal experience is so opposite.  Anyway... Boris is a good guy.  He is actually a clone of another pair I made named Leslie, after my mother-in-law and for my mother-in-law.  Strange that Boris is a man and Leslie was a woman...  I think it's the interfacing that did it.


Well thank you for venturing over to meet the Slipper family.  I apologize for the utter pointlessness of my blog posts and the random names that accompany them.  And I apologize for the time you spent reading when you could have been doing something worthwhile... like eating sugary goodness or something.  Farewell!  I'm off to chase down Stewart... he's got fast feet...  

1 comments:

Taylor said...

UM....I'm laughing out loud at this post! YOU ARE HILARIOUS.

Post a Comment

Whatchya thinking?