Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Into the City

Since Sunday was Independence Day, Grant had Monday off instead.  Is that generally how holidays work when they fall on Sundays?  Honestly, I had no idea.  But it was great to have a day together!  We ventured into the city for the day which is something I love to do.  Normally I take the 121 and 35 North to school.  But when we head to Dallas, we skip that exit and take the 114 all the way into the city.  For some reason, this really excites me :)  I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm not headed to school and I'm not alone in the car....


Grantie drove as I took all sorts of random pictures.  At our house, (or in our car, I suppose), it has always been an unspoken rule that when we take Grant's car, Grant drives, and when we take my car, I drive.  I'm not sure why we do that...  I think that possibly we're too emotionally attached to our cars, Esperanza and Shrimp, to be away from the steering wheel...


Rear view mirrors aren't really that important... so I stole Grant's to take these pictures.  I know, I'm a photographic genius...


It was a beautiful day yesterday with what I like to call "Toy Story clouds," speaking of which, I hope to be able to see soon in Toy Story 3.  Woot.



Texas is a funny place.  There are all sorts of streets named after famous Republicans :)


And then, over the hill and through the cars... there is Dallas.  Ahh... lovely.  This route to Dallas is fun because it basically takes you right through the city.  And where did we go while we were there?  I'll give you a hint.  It involves bubbles, polar bears, and skin... Wow.  What amazing clues :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchya thinking?