Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Claw-Foot the Mighty Attends a Pool Party

This weekend is Nationals for my studio competition teams.  All of the solos were performed yesterday and the groups will perform today and tomorrow.  I worked with three teams this year, choreographing and cleaning their lyrical dances.  The girls worked hard this year and it is amazing to see how far they have come and how much they have grown!


So, in celebration of a year of hard work, we had a pool party on Monday.  Amazingly, nobody was injured in all the craziness.


It was a pretty good day for a pool party.  It was only hot enough to sweat small circles under my arms instead of soaking my entire shirt.  That's a good day.





There aren't too many things cuter than 9 year olds in goggles.... Except maybe 3 year olds in goggles... but that's it.


The girls had a lot of fun jumping off the diving board.  Can you tell they're dancers?  We clearly need to work on pointing our feet (not our toes) a bit more next year... I'm not a big fan of "pointing toes" because in reality, if you point just your toes and not your whole foot... well... eww... That's what I call claw-foot.... which is also a good name for a bubble... or a turtle... Claw-Foot the Mighty.  I like it.


Woot to Pat Riddle Dancers and best of luck this weekend at Stage One Nationals!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchya thinking?