Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Building Baby's Room: Part 1







Believe it or not, Grant is really the decorator in the family.  He has been saving pictures on his computer of home design ideas since we got married.  Recently, I discovered Pinterest where we've both started collecting fun ideas we find here & there on the net.













But now that we've got "T" to get ready for, I've had to take the reins a bit.  I'm usually hesitant to do anything drastic in our home because it's not my "thing" and Grant usually has stronger opinions than me.  But this time, I've said, "I'm doing it myself.  If you can be around to help, then I want your opinion.  If not, I've gotta man up and do it!"  Take that universe.











So, I did lots of research online picking out nurseries I liked and deciding which elements were most important.  After deciding that most of the bedding offered in sets didn't appeal to me, I'm venturing out and making my own!!  I ordered Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones, and headed out to Snappy Quilts, a local quilt shop that carries designer fabrics.















I picked out about five fabrics and got little samples of each.  The main nursery colors will be grey and white with green and orange accents.  The actual orange is a bit lighter than this picture shows- more of a creamsicle.  When my book gets here (finally), then I'll decide which fabrics to put where and I'll get started on the sewing!!














Also on the agenda for T's room: dresser, curtains, crib, walls... everything... hah.  This kid will have a killer nursery... eventually. Luckily (sort of) this kid won't let me sleep, so I'll have lots of extra work time between 1 and 5AM.  Excellent :)

1 comments:

Shawn and Nina Olsen said...

Cute! I also can relate to finding out that bedding sets offered are not appealing to me, so I will be sewing some of my stuff too! I can't wait to see your finished product!

Post a Comment

Whatchya thinking?