Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

First Descents: Day One

Day One at First Descents: Moab.  The leaves are changing in the mountains and the drive was beautiful.  I'm camped out at a fabulous, fancy cabin with 14 other cancer survivors and 12 staff members.  The scenery is breathtaking, the company is great, and the food is scrumptious (elk burgers, quinoa salad, hummus and hiccuma, banana-peanut butter pudding...).

Tonight we all introduced ourselves with our official FD nickname and said a little bit about why we came to camp.

"My name is Beast, I live in Denver, and I'm here because I like to prove to myself that I can do hard things."

Tomorrow is our first day of climbing. Bring on the hard things!

1 comments:

The McFarlands said...

I'm SOOOOO excited for you and to hear all about your adventures. Hopefully you got more "Peterson Upper Arm Strength" than me, cause heaven knows you are going to need it!

Post a Comment

Whatchya thinking?