Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Grantie!

Today is a very special day.  Today Grant turns twenty-six years old!  It's the fourth birthday Grant has had since we met and the first that we have had to spend apart.

Normally I would make him a scrumptious Hawaiian cake as it has become tradition.  I've heard rumors that Grant's mom will be making the cake this year so I'm feeling glad that Grant will get some (even if I really just want some for myself...)

I was a bit stressed out about finding Grant the perfect birthday present.  Gifting long distance just doesn't compare to physically giving a present to someone... so I had to make it really good.  After hours of research, (really...) I finally found the perfect present!!

For one night in June we'll be staying in Vail:


Really, does it get more beautiful that that?!

And we'll be attending the Teva Mountain Games!

According to the website, "Professional and amateur athletes from around the world converge upon the mountains and rivers of Vail to compete in eight sports and 24 disciplines for more than $100,000 in prize money. This year’s sporting events include kayakingraftingmountain bikingroad cycling,World Cup Boulderingamateur climbingfly fishingstand up paddlingtrail running and a half  marathon."

I'll be running the half marathon while Grant cheers me on!!

Bahaha. Actually I thought about doing the 5K Mud Run, but then decided the obstacle course section probably wouldn't be appropriate for an 8 month pregnant lady...  But Grant is going to look over the events and see if he wants to participate.  

I am stoked.  Grantie is stoked.  And he is 26.  And we are happy.  Happy birthdaying that is!

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like a way fun getaway!! Happy Birthday Grant!

Post a Comment

Whatchya thinking?