Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

One Year

Can you believe it was a whole year ago when we got married? Time really does fly when you're having fun, but most of all, when you spend it with your best friend. Yesterday was our one year anniversary!


Grant surprised me with a trip to San Antonio to celebrate! It was the first trip we've been on with just the two of us since our honeymoon and it was amazing!


Our hotel was downtown so we walked most places. We ate along the riverwalk, visited the Alamo, saw lots of cool buildings (as shown here), and checked out the artisans' market. I could walk around those places for hours but it only entertains Grant for about one. There's a river north of the city that we were going to float but the line for tubes was about 2 hours. Instead, we just jumped in and swam it instead. We decided it turned out to be more fun swimming anyway. It was a quick trip but just the break that we needed.

And in reference to our anniversary, it has honestly been the best year of my life so far. Grant and I have done lots of little things this year. We've cooked dinners, learned how to budget, and adjusted to sharing space on a (not so big) bed and in (not so big) apartments. But this year has also been filled with big events and changes. We graduated from college, moved across the country and started on our journey to becoming the kind of family we are striving to be. I can't believe I was so lucky to find the man who not only is perfect for me, but loves me just as much as I love him. I can't wait for all the years to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Whatchya thinking?